TV LAX Code of Conduct
Twin Valley Lacrosse Code of Conduct Statements
Also note that US Lacrosse promotes “Compete With Class Pledge”.
- Attend practices and games on-time and notify coaches in advance of any absence.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards learning.
- Respect coaches by paying attention to instruction during practices and games.
- Demonstrate your desire to play by extending your best effort at practices and games.
- Represent the club in a positive manner.
- Treat all team members, parents, coaches, officials, and opponent players with kindness and respect.
- Do Not Use Profanity.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and good citizenship at all times. Never taunt, laugh at, or bad mouth an opponent, official, coach, or fellow team member.
- Be respectful of equipment provided to you by the club; return any club equipment. Players will be held financially responsible for lost or inappropriately damaged equipment.
- Encourage and support players to meet the needs of the code of conduct.
- Support players and team.
- Set a good example to all players in your behavior at all practices and games.
- Be respectful of opposing team’s parents and coaches as well as referees.
- Communicate general concerns personally to the club representatives.
- Address concerns to coaching staff regarding player participation and performance at an appropriate time, such as 24 hours after a game.
- Volunteer to help with club activities and events to the best of your time and talents.
- Be positive and use motivating words to your players.
- Do not use improper language and do not allow any poor language by your players.
- Stress team play and good sportsmanship at all times.
- Extend equal opportunity for players to learn and gain playing time based upon their attendance, effort and skill levels demonstrated at practice as well as during games.
- Treat officials with respect and expect players to do the same.
- Insist that your players take the game seriously, but make sure they have a positive, enjoyable experience.
- The Head Coach has the right to suspend or dismiss any player for conduct not in the best interest of the team or not supporting the team goals.
- Follow all school rules.
- No tobacco use.
- Try to have two coaches at every practice. If only one coach is available enlist help of a parent.
Failure to adhere to this code may result in removal from the club or your responsibilities